London & Partners' Commitment to Privacy
Data Protection Act 1998
London & Partners Ltd is the data controller of your data. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z2650570, and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Your personal information is safe with us.
Links to third party sites appear on the Site. Those third party sites are not our responsibility, although we choose them with care. You should read and satisfy yourself with those third parties' privacy policies before using such linked sites.
Information on data protection is contained on the Information Commissioner's own web site at www.ico.gov.uk.
The information we collect
We will only collect personal information about you and given by you when you register with us, or with a marketing partner and specifically request them to pass your details to us for registration purposes. We will always let you have a copy of all personal information we have about you should you request it. Contact email@example.com to do this.
You are able to update and amend your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can manage your details at www.visitlondon.com/my-london
You can also unsubscribe from www.londonandpartners.com at any time by following the unsubscribe link in our email communications
Purposes for which we use information about our users
We collect information about our users for a variety of purposes. These include:
- where you supply information to us in order that we deliver a required service e.g. newsletters relevant to you and your interests, information will be processed by us to supply the information and material which we promise. Your information is held at London & Partners in the UK, and maintained by London & Partners and yourself via www.visitlondon.com.
- so we can communicate with you in response to a specific action performed by you on this site or one of our affiliate sites, e.g. when you book a hotel, buy a ticket, reserve a table, leave a review, enter a competition, redeem a special offer
- so we can inform you of new competitions, special offers, relevant products and services which may be of interest
- so we can send you news items which are relevant to your interests
- to help us improve and personalise our services, both on our own channels and third party channels
Passing on information about you
We will not pass on any information provided by you to any third parties unless you specifically consent. We may however disclose aggregate – but not individual – statistics to potential partners and advertisers, such as the number of users we have, their location, etc. If you give your consent, third parties may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you have registered to receive one of our regular emails, from time to time we will:
- send you information by email about existing and new services, products and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you, such as hotels, theatre, attractions, events, sport, shopping, restaurants,
These emails will only ever come from us (visitlondon.com), even when they refer to third party products or services. You will be able to opt out of receiving these emails but, if you do, we will have to stop sending you any type of email.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
London & Partners will take precautions to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. Only authorised employees and subcontractors will be given access to the information you provide us. Our systems are designed to ensure that your data can only be viewed online if your email and password are correctly input. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take many precautions aimed at preventing such occurrences.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your email and password. Please take care when using and storing them. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Cookies in use on this site
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our cookies
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
So you can easily "Like" or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site improvement cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
- Google Analytics - GA Cookie Usage Guide
Advertising cookies and banner ads
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners (such as Unanimis) who work to accepted privacy standards such as your online choices
You can learn more about online advertising and change your settings at your online choices too. It is worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called "remarketing cookie" during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don't worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of this and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern sites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
London & Partners Limited, trading as London & Partners (Company Number 7493460) is the official promotional company for London. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
London & Partners is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
London & Partners contact details:
London & Partners
6th Floor, 2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RR
Tel. +44 (0)20 7234 5800
Information on data protection is contained on the Information Commissioner's own web site at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.