See romantic London theatre shows
- Watch Pretty Woman: The Musical: See the stage version of one of Hollywood's most romantic films.
- love story that captures hearts and imaginations. Enjoy a timeless
- Book tickets to see smash-hit Mamma Mia!: Get up and dance to the songs of ABBA.
- Watch the legendary Les Misérables: Discover one of the most popular and longest-running West End musicals.
Treat your loved one to a gift
- Surprise your special someone to a luxury experience in London: From pampering spa days to luxury train journeys, give them a gift to remember.
- Or buy a luxury hamper* full of tasty treats from Fortnum and Mason: Perfect for a special picnic in one of the Royal parks.
- Pick up sweet treats at one of London's fabulous chocolate shops: Check out Charbonnel et Walker's heart-shaped boxes full of truffles or melt their heart with a London Chocolate Tour*.
- While away a Sunday at one of London’s top markets: Visit sprawling markets such as Old Spitalfields or Camden Market, and check out the best food markets including famous Borough Market.
- Shop for beauty products and fragrances: Don't miss the specialist boutiques in Covent Garden, St James's, Mayfair and London's West End.
- Browse the city's best jewellery shops: Hop between specialist shops at Hatton Garden or pick special items from the likes of The Alkemistry and royal warrant holder Bentley & Skinner.
- Hunt down men's fashion accessories along Jermyn Street: The famous street is world-renowned as the centre for gentlemen's fashion, especially bespoke shirts.
- Discover picture-pretty shops in the opulent Burlington Arcade and Princes Arcade: Explore two of London's hidden treasures packed with luxury accessories.
- Browse London’s best florists and flower markets: Shop for a bunch of red roses or spoil your loved one with flowers from Columbia Road Flower Market.
Find more gifts in top shopping areas.
Quirky date ideas in London
- Take your love to new heights: Splash out on a shared or private London Helicopter Tour
- Or enjoy a date in the sky in an Emirates Air Line cable car: Watch the sunset together as you glide above the Thames.
- Seek out St Paul’s Cathedral Whispering Gallery: Whisper sweet nothings to one another in this iconic place.
- How deep is your love? Pop the question in the SEA LIFE London Aquarium: Make use of their “underwater” proposal service.
- Learn about Japanese cuisine with a Sushi and Sake Masterclass* at Buddha-Bar in Knightsbridge: Find out the secret to making delicious sushi - a perfect date for foodies!
- Enjoy an exhilarating ride with a 60 Minute Segway Experience*: Race each other as you speed around the Segway Rally Course.
- Share a giggle at a stand-up comedy shows: Laugh out loud to some of the funniest shows, plays and musicals in the capital.
- Strike a pose next to the Love Lane sign in the City of London: Pose for a couplie (couple's selfie) and share your love in pictures.
Find more fun date ideas in London.
Dine at a romantic restaurant
- Gorge on afternoon tea: Treat your loved one to a traditional afternoon tea, a quirky themed afternoon tea or an afternoon tea tour.
- See the sights with dinner and a tour: On water with City Cruises and Bateaux London, or by bus with Bustronome.
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner at Clos Maggiore: It's often hailed as London’s most romantic restaurant.
- Book a table at plush restaurant Bob Bob Ricard: Make sure you press the "call for champagne" buzzer.
- Fancy an aphrodisiac? Feast on oysters: Knock back oysters at celeb haunt J Sheekey, make use of oyster happy hour at Wright Bros. Soho or try creative takes using the crustaceans at The Oystermen.
- Splash out at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants: You can find some great deals on Michelin-star meals to impress for less.
- Book a table at one of London’s top French restaurants: From traditional fine dining venues to animated brasseries.
- Dine in the dark at Dans le Noir ?: Enjoy organic dishes in complete darkness.
- Be serenaded by opera singers in the opulent surrounds of Sarastro: The food is flamboyant and you'll love the quirky artwork.
Book into more romantic restaurants in London.
Soak up a romantic view
- See sweeping views of the city at The View from The Shard: Go up to level 72 of London's tallest landmark.
- Book an exclusive Cupid's Pod on the London Eye: Get a private capsule, your own waiter, champagne and chocolates.
- Take a boat ride down the Thames: From tours with City Cruises, to Thames Clippers hop-on-hop-off river boat services.
- Enjoy a spectacular sunset over London’s skyline: The view is particularly stunning from the top of Parliament Hill, on Hampstead Heath.
- Or sit back with a drink at Sky Garden: This leafy indoor garden is free to enter.
- Soak up the city's panoramic views: Look down at London's famous buildings and attractions from one of these top viewing spots.
- Gaze across the cityscape from one of London's rooftop bars: Get a head for heights and enjoy bars across the city.
- Climb Primrose Hill for a breath-taking view of Regent’s Park and the city: Reward yourself with a cupcake at Primrose Bakery on the way back.
- Watch the sky turn pink at one of London's most Instagram-worthy sunset hotspots: From restaurants with a view to leafy parks, check out the best places to catch a sunset.
Retreat to romantic hotels in London
- Spend the night in one of London's most romantic hotels: From cosy boutique hotels to luxury accommodation, there are plenty of fantastic places to choose from.
- Indulge yourselves with a stay in a boutique hotel room: London's boutique hotels offer a stylish and sophisticated holiday with a personal touch.
- Choose a room with bags of character when you stay at one of London's unique hotels: Spend the night in the capital's oldest hotel or in a former prison cell!
- Or keep the costs low by staying at one of London's coolest hostels: Featuring stunning design and historic charm, London's best hostels include a Victorian mansion and a converted warehouse.
Check out more places to stay in London.
Romantic things to do for culture lovers
- See one of the Bard's romantic plays at Shakespeare's Globe: Discover one of the most unique, remarkable and breathtaking theatrical spaces in London.
- Explore the history-filled galleries of Westminster Abbey: Follow in the regal footsteps of Prince William and Kate Middleton, who got married here.
- Listen to music by a great Baroque composer at Vivaldi Four Seasons by Candlelight: Enjoy the timeless concertos by candlelight, in the romantic setting of St James's Church Piccadilly.
- Go on a romantic art trail: See amorous painting The Knight Errant by John Everett Millais at Tate Britain, John Gibson's reliefs of Cupid and Psyche at the Royal Academy of Arts, or Paris Bordone's A Pair of Lovers at the National Gallery.
- Go old school, with a romantic date at the cinema: Seek out lesser-known films at BFI Southbank, emulate the stars at one of Leicester Square's cinemas, and enjoy a post-shopping flick at The Cinema at Selfridges.
- Or watch a movie from a shared double seat at one of London's unique cinemas: Enjoy alternative films at these atmospheric venues.
- Visit one of London's film locations: Follow in the footsteps of famous movie couples.
- Admire the stunning art collection at the Queen's House: A gift from King James I to his wife Anne of Denmark.
Fun things to do in London for couples
- Take an uplifting expedition across the roof of The O2: Climb over one of the world's most popular entertainment venues and enjoy spectacular views.
- Go on a speedboat ride along the Thames: Get your hearts racing on an edge-of-your-seat tour.
- Become a dream team at The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience London*: Test your skills as you take on adrenaline-fueled challenges to win crystals and crack The Crystal Maze.
- Take the plunge with a Lovers Leap Bungee Jump* in Greenwich: Take a leap of faith with that special someone before celebrating the occasion with champagne.
- Competitive couples can play ping pong at Bounce: Treat yourself to pizzas, cocktails and ping pong at this fun-packed table tennis bar.
- Vie for a hole in one at Puttshack: Enjoy a game of mini golf, good food, drinks and great music.
- Strike it lucky at a retro-style bowling alley: Discover bowling alleys full of vintage American style, neon lights and music.
- Thrash your other half at table football at Bar Kick: Combine watching live sport with table football at this fun bar in Shoreditch.
- The thrill-seekers should try The Castle Climbing Centre: Trust your partner with your life by belaying them at this indoor rock climbing centre.
Enjoy romantic London walks
- Find your way out of Hampton Court Palace's famous maze: Then immerse yourself in Henry VIII's majestic palace, including his magnificent state apartments.
- Stroll on a soaring walkway amid the tree canopies at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: London's largest UNESCO World Heritage Site is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Go for a wander in Greenwich Park: Be amazed by beautiful blossoms, autumn colours and gorgeous city views.
- Take a stroll around the beautiful St Katharine Docks: This former commercial dock has been transformed into an elegant marina with shops, restaurants and a lovely pub.
- Walk along the South Bank at night: Go for a romantic walk from London Bridge to Waterloo.
- Amble through the idyllic Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park: Explore the rest of the Royal Park and try and spot some of the resident deer.
- Wander around the gardens of Eltham Palace: Explore every room of this luxurious art deco residence.
- Walk hand-in-hand through Chelsea Physic Garden: Discover London's oldest botanic garden.
Discover dates with a difference
- Take a tour of Wilton's Music Hall: Discover the world's oldest and largest surviving grand music hall.
- Wander around Dennis Severs' House: Soak up the sights and smells of this 18th-century family home.
- Enjoy a candlelit tour of Sir John Soane's Museum: The atmospheric venue is ideal for a romantic outing with a difference.
- Take a tour of Highgate Cemetery: Revolutionary Karl Marx and English novelist George Eliot are buried here.
- Visit the beautiful Keats House: Explore the former home of romantic poet John Keats.
- Take a look at the Watts Victorian memorial in Postman's Park: This quirky yet romantic spot features in the movie Closer.
- Chill out with afternoon tea in the Barbican Conservatory: Relax among tropical plants, trees and fish.
Snuggle up in romantic bars in London
- Cosy up to your other half at London's top cocktail bars: these spots are perfect places to celebrate special occasions..
- Sip a martini at the legendary Dukes Hotel Bar: James Bond author Ian Fleming famously used to drink here.
- Snuggle up in front of a crackling fire at one of London’s cosy pubs: Grab a drink, order the pie and mash, and settle in.
- Enjoy a cocktail and sweeping views of the Thames from a riverside bar: Check out the likes of Savage Garden, Lyaness, Skylon and OXO Tower Bar.
- Drink candlelit cocktails at the opulent Icon Balcony Bar: For the best views, grab seats on the balcony overlooking Leicester Square.
- Share a bottle of wine at Gordon's Wine Bar: Pick one of the candlelit tables at this romantic, cave-like drinking spot.
- Seek out more fine vintages at one of London's top places for wine lovers: Check out Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels, Cork & Bottle or Noble Rot.
- Celebrate your love with a bottle of bubbly: Choose from one of London's best champagne bars.
Uncover more London pubs and bars.
Find romantic things to do in London at night
- Learn something new together in the intimate atmosphere of a museum late: Find talks, performances, workshops, films, DJ sets, drinks and more.
- Croon some love songs at one of London's karaoke bars: Sing your heart out to the latest hits or old-school classics.
- Dance to the beat at London's top live music bars: From rock and pop to jazz and reggae, enjoy a spectacular array of live music gigs.
- Break the ice in one of London’s quirky bars: Go off the beaten track and find a quirky basement bar, secret drinking hole or themed boozer.
- Watch a performance at the Royal Opera House or the London Coliseum: See the world's top opera and ballet stars on a romantic evening out.
Discover more of London's nightlife scene.
Unwind on a summer date
- Head over to one of London's riverside pubs: Soak up the views while sipping a pint by the water.
- Marvel at the Kyoto Japanese Garden in Holland Park: The park also has an orangery, tennis courts and a cricket pitch.
- Enjoy theatre under the stars at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre: Choose from a season of Shakespeare, comedy, family fun and musicals.
- Make the most of the sunshine and dine alfresco: Perfect for laid-back romantic dates in London.
- Gaze lovingly at blooms in Regent’s Park and Hyde Park: Seek out the parks' dedicated rose gardens.
- Hire a rowing boat on the Serpentine lake in Hyde Park: You can also navigate around on a pedalo or hop aboard the solar-powered Solarshuttle.
- Enjoy a rooftop view of the South Bank at Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Garden: The roof garden is one of the best kept secrets in London.
- Share an ice cream at one of London’s best ice-cream shops: From innovative approaches to generations-old Italian techniques to vegan ice cream, find your next frozen treat.
- Dance together in the sunshine at a top music festival in London: The capital hosts exciting and eclectic music festivals all year round.
- Take a canal boat ride: Glide along the waters from Little Venice to Camden.
- Hire a Santander bike: Cycle to one of London's parks for a picnic.
- Go horse riding together through Hyde Park: Explore one of London's most iconic and romantic parks from Ross Nye Stables.