Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2022 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day.
Cool things to do on Valentine's Day in London
- Enjoy one of London’s most romantic theatre shows or West End musicals together.
- Explore behind the scenes of Harry Potter's wizarding world at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Spend the day on an exciting London tour, finding romantic spots in London along the way.
- Treat them to a spontaneous day trip to Paris, so you can celebrate in both cities.
- Visit Kensington Palace, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
- Wander around museum galleries after dark with a glass of wine in hand at a museum late.
- Watch a classic movie or the latest blockbuster in a unique cinema.
- Lose yourself among hundreds of colourful flowers at the annual Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens.
- Then stop by the Scenes in the Square statue trail, full of top British film stars.
- Pick out a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market on 13 February.
Indulge in Valentine's Day afternoon teas
- Treat yourself to an extra-special afternoon tea in London on Valentine's Day – many venues create Valentine’s Day afternoon tea menus for the occasion.
- Feel the romance as you delight in a champagne afternoon tea.
- See iconic London landmarks such as the London Eye and St Paul's Cathedral pass you by, as you indulge in a traditional afternoon tea aboard a bus tour.
- Surprise your loved one with one of London's unusual afternoon teas; from Sanderson's Mad Hatters afternoon tea, to mini burger nibbles at Bite Me Burger and colourful cakes at the pretty pink Sketch Gallery.
Valentine’s Day ideas in London for the adventurous
- Hold on tight to each other on a Valentine's Day speedboat ride.
- See the city from above with a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car or splash out on a London Helicopter Tour.
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit after taking in the panoramic views together.
- Venture into the rapids together at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
Enjoy a Valentine's Day concert in London
- Go to a Valentine's Day gig at one of London's grassroots music venues
- Treat your partner to tickets to a spellbinding ballet or romantic opera at the Royal Opera House or London Coliseum.
- See contemporary and cutting-edge dance at Sadler's Wells.
- Catch a classical recital at Southbank Centre's concert venues, including Royal Festival Hall and Queen Elizabeth Hall.
Catch more of London's many concerts on and around Valentine's Day.
Dine at top Valentine's Day restaurants in London
- Be sure to book ahead for the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants for Valentine's – the likes of the charming Clos Maggiore and the ever so pretty Sketch.
- Take to the Thames with a romantic dinner cruise or afternoon tea with City Cruises or Bateaux London.
- Break the ice with a date in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub.
- Spice up your Insta feed on the theme of love with a stop by at Instagrammable cafes.
- Splash out on a Valentine's Day dinner in a Michelin-starred London restaurant.
Find more of the best restaurants for Valentine’s Day in London.
Where to bag a perfect gift
- Purchase a luxury experience in London to enjoy together.
- If your vibe is a traditional box of chocolates, Londoners swear by the luxurious sweet treats from Fortnum & Mason.
- Check out London's top department stores for Valentine's Day gift ideas. They're bound to have something, even for those who are hard to buy for.
- If you're shopping for him, pick up some accessories from London's top menswear shops.
- Peruse the city's best shopping hotspots for the perfect gifts.
Outdoor spots to explore together
Quirky things to do on Valentine’s Day in London
- Laugh your heart out at a stand-up comedy show.
- Challenge your date to a round of mini golf at Swingers in the City or West End, or tech-filled mini golf at Puttshack.
- See how well they do on a shuffleboard at Shoredtich's London Shuffle Club.
- Gift the special one a luxurious Charlotte Tilbury makeover in Covent Garden.
- Reach for the stars as you watch a planetarium show at the Peter Harrison Planetarium after venturing out for a photo trail around Greenwich.
Take in romantic views of London
- Soar above the Thames on the London Eye, or blow the budget by hiring a private capsule.
- Choose from themed cruises and glide along the Thames with City Cruises.
- Take your date on a romantic walk around WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Watch the sun set over the capital from The View from The Shard.
- Enjoy dinner with a view high up at Sky Garden.
- Sip on cocktails at one of London's best rooftop bars.
Fun Valentine's Day workshops for two
For more romantic Valentine's Day ideas to enjoy in the city, follow this guide to 101 romantic things to do in London.
If you’re in serious need of last-minute ideas, check out this guide to things to do in London this weekend.