Treat your mum to her favourite activity in the city on Mother’s Day or get her to try something completely new.
In the UK, Mother's Day is celebrated three weeks before Easter Sunday, which means that in 2022, it falls on 27 March.
Browse Mother’s Day ideas for London below to find top things to do with your mum on Mother’s Day 2022.
For the perfect Mother’s Day in London, you can treat mum to afternoon teas and walks in the park, alongside shopping, bowling, cooking classes and even perhaps a speedboat ride.
Mother’s Day London days out
- Share the magic of a top London musical with your mum, from old-time favourites to exciting new productions (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Take mum on an adventure across some of London's top 10 attractions.
- For best value, order a Merlin London attractions pass, which grants you entry to five attractions within a 90 day period.
- Admire epic vistas of London on an Emirates Air Line cable car "flight".
- See the stunning Queen’s House during a day out in Greenwich.
- Explore the Victoria and Albert Museum’s exquisite collection of art and design.
- Look down on the city’s famous landmarks from a sky-high attraction.
- Take a ride on the London Eye with your mum and enjoy the spectacular views of London’s most famous landmarks.
- Visit Kenwood House and enjoy the views from Hampstead Heath, before stopping for a drink in a cute cafe or pub in Hampstead.
- See the first spring blossoms in a beautiful garden, or discover one of London’s most peaceful and picturesque spots.
Outdoor spots to explore together
- Brew a bevvy, grab your reusable cup and go on a walk around your local park – spot daffodils and crocuses blooming around.
- Or test each other to name more flowery spring arrivals at your nearby garden.
- Take in the peaceful atmosphere of London's canals in Camden or the capital's Little Venice.
- Discover new sights on two wheels with Santander Cycles.
- Soak in the gorgeous hues of pastel pinks as cherry blossom takes over Greenwich Park.
- For stunning sunsets and epic vistas, head to London's Instagram-worthy spots.
Shopping for Mother’s Day gifts in London
- Treat mum to a lavish food hamper from Fortnum & Mason – fit for a queen.
- Pre-book a luxury experience in London to enjoy together. Choose from a helicopter ride, a pamper session at the spa and more.
- Or get them excited to explore the city later with a special London voucher.
- Opt for the classic Mothering Sunday gift by ordering a bunch of blooms from a London florist.
- Indulge in sweet treats from the capital's top chocolatiers and cake shops, some of which offer home delivery.
Mother's Day dining and foodie treats in London
- Book Mother’s Day lunch or dinner in advance, as it’s a popular date for dining out. You'll find plenty of London restaurants offer special Mother’s Day menus.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with a delicious brunch in London.
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Sky Garden or on a river cruise.
- Choose from lunch, brunch or afternoon tea with bubbly and iconic views, on a Mother's Day river cruise with City Cruises.
- Splash out for dinner at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Sip on cocktails or champagne at a top London bar and seek special Mother's Day concoctions created for the day.
- Bring the whole family together around a delicious Sunday roast in London.
- Bond over a workshop at Petersham Nurseries Covent Garden on and around the weekend.
Mother’s Day afternoon tea in London
- Tuck into dainty sandwiches and cakes with a traditional afternoon tea in London, or try an unusual afternoon tea on Mother's Day.
- Relive your childhood with mum by your side with the Peter Rabbit Afternoon Tea at The Terrace at The Dilly.
- It doesn't matter how much you spend, mum will still appreciate your gift, so check out these cheap afternoon tea options for those on a budget.
- Fans of bubbly can treat mum to an indulgent champagne afternoon tea.
- If you’re spending the day in Greenwich, DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich usually serves its tea with a selection of Mother's Day cakes.
Mother's Day activities in London for some quality time together
- Whizz under Tower Bridge during a speedboat ride on Mother's Day.
- Challenge your competitive mum to a game of bowling at the all-American All Star Lanes.
- Conquer the rapids with mum at Lee Valley White Water Centre, or take on the track at Lee Valley VeloPark.
- See if you've inherited mum's baking skills at Bread Ahead's baking workshops at Wembley or Borough Market.
- Book a private dance lesson, or drop in to one of the daily classes at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Swing into mum's good books at Swingers – The Crazy Golf Club, at their West End or City of London locations.
- See the city from above with an unforgettable helicopter tour of London.
Mother's Day shopping and pampering in London
- Take mum for a day of shopping, dining and entertainment in stylish Covent Garden.
- Browse the boutiques of colourful Notting Hill and its famous Portobello Market.
- Treat your mum to a shopping spree on Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street, with a wealth of high street and designer fashion, beauty and homeware finds.
- Shower mum with some serious shopping in the West End.
- Buy your mum a beautiful bunch of flowers on a visit to Columbia Road Flower Market, or discover another one of London's Sunday markets.
- Book a Mother’s Day stay at a five-star London hotel, or treat her to a relaxing spa in London.