Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with our roundup of the 42 best things to do during Easter 2023 in London.
From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital. Find things to do in London on Easter Sunday, Good Friday events and Easter Monday activities with our London Easter ideas below.
Family attractions and activities for kids in London
- Grab a London Pass sightseeing pass: Enjoy a stress-free Easter in London with the whole family.
- Find Easter family fun at London’s top attractions: Take part in Easter fun at royal palaces, museums and iconic landmarks. Many put on special activities for children at this time.
- Go behind-the-scenes at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter: Discover the magic behind the spellbinding films this Easter.
- Head up to The View from The Shard: Take part in fun Easter family activities while taking in magnificent views.
- Or take to the skies in an IFS Cloud Cable Car: Soak up spectacular views of London's skyline.
- If you are brave enough, try the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience: Climb the famous masts of the iconic ship for the first time since it arrived in Greenwich in 1954.
- Get a glimpse of life under the deep blue sea at SEA LIFE London: Spot more than 400 species of sea life including sharks, jellyfish and seahorses this Easter.
- Slide into the Easter Weekend at the ArcelorMittal Orbit in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park: Whizz down the world’s longest and tallest tunnel slide.
- Be dazzled by jewel-encrusted eggs at the Victoria and Albert Museum: See the decadent (non-edible) creations of Carl Faberge this Easter.
- Take a look at 101 family-friendly activities: Find more things to do with the kids at Easter in London.
Easter shows in London
- Treat the kids to one of London’s magical child-friendly shows: See Harry Potter and the Cursed Child or Wicked.
- Discover award-winning Disney musicals this Easter: Sing along to family favourites including The Lion King.
- Book tickets to some of London’s most popular shows: including long-running Matilda the Musical in Seven Dials.
- Take the family to see a matinee performance of smash-hit West End musical: From heart-warming adaptations to hilarious must-see London shows.
- Don't miss Dirty Dancing at the Dominion Theatre: Get ready for the time of your life as you see the hit film come to life on stage.
Easter weekend 2023 events in London
- Join an Easter weekend service at one of London’s churches or cathedrals: Visit Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, St Martin-in-the-Fields or Southwark Cathedral. 7-10 Apr
- Watch a spectacular free performance of The Passion of Jesus: Featuring 100 performers, in Trafalgar Square on Good Friday. 7 Apr
- Enjoy a traditional Good Friday performance of Handel's Messiah: The Royal Albert Hall and other London venues usually host performances of this classic piece. TBC
- Burn off those Easter eggs at the annual London Easter 10k in Regent's Park: Or dress up and race for Easter goodies in the family-friendly Adult Fun Run and Children's Race. TBC
Check back nearer the time for even more Easter 2023 events, as they're announced.
London Easter egg hunts and trails
- Find hidden trails and egg-cellent treats at Kidzania: Enjoy fun Easter activities in the marvellous mini city. TBC
- Explore nature trails in parks and nature reserves: Seek out spring arrivals with the whole family.
- Follow the annual Easter trail at the London Wetland Centre: Find bright yellow ducks hidden around the wetlands. How many can you spot? TBC
- Discover hidden gems in London with a BucketRace Easter Hunt at Golden Square: Complete fun tasks in a scavenger hunt around London. TBC
Check back nearer the time for more Easter egg hunts in London for 2023.
Easter chocolate in London
- Try a traditional afternoon tea in London: Overindulge in many varieties of tea alongside exquisite baked delights on Easter Sunday.
- Eye up the eggs in Fortnum & Mason's chocolate department: Find plenty of seasonal treats or buy that special someone an Easter hamper from this royally approved grocer.
- Have a cracking time with the family at a feast of chocolate experiences* in London: Embrace your inner chocoholic this Easter.
- Visit London’s top chocolate shops: Discover more beautiful chocolate eggs and Easter treats.
- Treat yourself to pink champagne truffles with the Charbonnel et Walker Afternoon Tea: Tuck into chocolatey creations at the May Fair Kitchen.
- Seek out London's top cake shops: Find Easter-inspired cupcakes, pastries and cookies.
Easter Sunday lunch in London
- Enjoy one of London's best Sunday roasts at Easter: Sit back, loosen your belt and enjoy a filling meal.
- Book a table in a top traditional pub: Enjoy a delicious Easter Sunday lunch in London.
- Drop by a riverside pub: Perfect after an Easter Sunday walk along the river.
- Or start the day off with a brunch: From bottomless brunches to healthy options and those with a quirky twist.
Spring blooms and baby animals
- Visit a London city farm: See if you can spot some spring arrivals.
- Or become a zoo keeper for the day at ZSL London Zoo: Feed and take care of your favourite animals this Easter.
- Stroll through nature reserves and woodlands: Take a leisurely Easter walk in London.
- Explore a top London garden: Enjoy a beautiful spring day out among the flowers.
- Discover more parks and green open spaces: Find more ways to explore the great outdoors in London.
Take a day trip from London
- Visit royal residence Windsor Castle: See the famous fortress on a day tour from London.
- Tick off multiple iconic sights with a visit to Leeds Castle, Canterbury, Dover and Greenwich: Take a bus tour from city to countryside before taking a boat trip along the Thames.
- Combine the mysterious Stonehenge with the elegant city of Bath: Uncover the secrets of the magnificent monoliths before exploring Bath's incredible architecture, including a stop at the Roman Baths.
- Transport yourself to medieval England at Warwick Castle: Take on the terrifying dungeons, enjoy birds of prey displays and learn how to handle a sword.
What date is Good Friday and Easter Sunday?
Make plans for the Easter weekend in 2023, which includes the Good Friday bank holiday (7 April), Easter Sunday (9 April) and Easter Monday bank holiday (10 April).
Easter opening hours and transport in London
Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays. Usually, most attractions are open over the Easter bank holiday, but you're advised to check with individual venues in advance; particularly to find what is open on Easter Sunday in London.
Public transport services, including the London Underground, may be reduced between Good Friday and Easter Monday. If you live in London, plan your journey in advance on the TfL website and cycle or walk where possible.