Embrace the Christmas spirit with Winter Wonderland in London's Hyde Park.
This fun family event is one of the best things to do in London at Christmas. Featuring a huge selection of festive entertainment and activities, from ice skating and circus shows to a Christmas market and live music, there's enough fun things to do to fill a whole day and evening.
Discover what's happening at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland and the top tips to make the most of your next visit to Winter Wonderland in London.
What are the top activities at Winter Wonderland?
Winter Wonderland in 2022 is set to be its most magical yet as it celebrates 15 years since Hyde Park was first transformed into the much-loved festive spectacular that it is today.
Here's what you can get up to at this year's Winter Wonderland:
- Skate to live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK's largest outdoor rink.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at a circus show.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and see the twinkling London lights below.
- Ride on a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different roller coasters at the fairground.
- Step into the Magical Ice Kingdom to discover over 500 tonnes of ice sculpted into secret passageways, a snow tunnelled ice slide, a crystal carriage of the Ice Palace, and much more.
- Take on the Edelweiss Funhouse, a walk-through experience that is sure to play a trick or two on you, with a 300m (984 ft) alpine obstacle course and surprising illusion rooms.
- Be transported to another world at the Dr Archibald VR experience, an immersive adventure that will have you questioning reality.
Winter Wonderland's Christmas markets
Browse the traditional Christmas Market, one of the largest London Christmas markets complete with charming chalets overflowing with festive goods. Do a spot of Christmas shopping and meet the cheery vendors selling unusual and unique gifts, arts and crafts, trinkets, jewellery and decorations.
What are the best family activities at Winter Wonderland?
Winter Wonderland is a family friendly event suitable for all ages, so take your pick from the many fun kids activities throughout the winter.
- Enjoy carousel and helter skelter rides at the traditional fairground with young kids or treat older children to adrenaline-fuelled rides on the Winter Wonderland roller coasters.
- Be enchanted by daytime shows such as Zippos Christmas Circus and Cirque Beserk.
- Step into Winter Wonderland Santa's grotto in Santaland, where children can meet Father Christmas and get a small gift (if they'd been good of course).
- Discover a host of fun rides for smaller children, including a 45m-long (147 ft) Ice Slide!
Where can you eat and drink at Winter Wonderland?
Discover Winter Wonderland's many restaurants, bars and food stalls for tasty food, mulled wine or warming hot chocolate.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at the 1980s après-ski-themed Bar Ice, where even the bar, tables and glasses are made of ice. Booking in advance is essential.
- Warm up at the Fire Pit bar with its crackling fires and uplifting live music.
- Ride the carousel and enjoy a slow 360-degree spin with a festive drink at the Carousel Bar.
- Head to the new Street Food Village to sample a variety of delicious sweet and savoury treats under the twinkling lights.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in giant tipis at Thor's Tipi. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
Winter Wonderland tickets
Book your tickets to Winter Wonderland 2022 now.
Entry to Winter Wonderland is free during off-peak times, but entry at peak times and access to some activities require a paid-for ticket.
If you spend an additional £25 on paid-for attractions, rides or games when booking your ticket, your entry fee will be free.
Paid-for attractions include:
- Ice skating
- Giant Observation Wheel
- Ice-skating shows
- Magical Ice Kingdom
- Circus shows
- Bar Ice
- Ice Slide
- Ice Sculpting workshops
- Fairground rides and games
Top tips for Winter Wonderland 2022/23
Follow these tips for Winter Wonderland to make the most of the Christmas attraction:
- Book your tickets in advance: As Winter Wonderland is a ticketed event, be sure to book your tickets before you visit.
- Pick the best time: When booking, select a timeslot to suit you – entry at off-peak times is free, while standard entry is £5 and peak time access requires is £7.50 per adult ticket.
- Wrap up warm: Being an outside attraction, it can get a bit chilly at times. Make sure to wear warm clothing, such as hats, gloves and scarves – particularly if you’re visiting Bar Ice, the Magical Ice Kingdom or going ice skating.
- Look out for famous faces: Many celebrities and VIPs have visited Winter Wonderland over the years, from Catherine, Princess of Wales and Prince George to Tom Cruise and Naomi Campbell.
Winter Wonderland opening times
Winter Wonderland is open daily from 10am to 10pm (except Christmas Day) - last entry is at 9.30pm.
Visitors must enter Winter Wonderland at the allocated time slot on their entry ticket however, once you’re inside you can stay for as long as you like.
How to get to Winter Wonderland
Winter Wonderland is located in Hyde Park. The nearest tube stations are: Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner and Knightsbridge.
What hotels are near Winter Wonderland?
From budget to boutique, visitors can choose from a variety of London hotels situated nearby Hyde Park. Whether that's the famous JW Marriott Grosvenor House or a cosy B&B such as the Hyde Park Radnor Hotel.
Admission to Winter Wonderland must be pre-booked.
Entry is free during off-peak times and costs £5 or £7.50 for peak hours. Charges apply for rides, ice skating, big top shows, the observation wheel and other attractions.
Daily (except Christmas Day): 10am to 10pm
Venue Details & Map
- +44 (0)30 0061 2000
- Public transport:
- Tube: Hyde Park Corner or Marble Arch.