Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre to getting active outdoors and munching on foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our Father’s Day 2023 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Top attractions to visit together
- Visit London's top 10 attractions: Tick off some of the best places to see while in the city.
- Experience the magic of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter.
- Hop on an open-bus tour: See the sights and snap the shots while taking in the city with a live guide.
- Tick off the city’s most iconic sites with the Total London Experience bus tour: The perfect all-rounder for a Father’s Day outing in London.
- Experience Up at The O2: Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena.
- Book an exhilarating speedboat ride on the Thames: Or enjoy a helicopter tour* high above the city or lunch aboard a vintage train*.
- Check out SEA LIFE London aquarium: Test your nerve as you take on the Shark Walk.
- Relax at Kew Gardens: Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens.
- Discover what life was like aboard Cutty Sark: Learn all about the ship's fascinating history through its colourful cast of characters.
- Glide high above London aboard an IFS Cloud Cable Car : See the city from a different angle on this unique ride across the Thames.
- Head to the indoor city of Kidzania: Watch the roles reverse as you step into a city run by kids.
- Venture into The London Dungeon: Take a lesson in London's horrible history on this walk-through experience.
- Meet your favourite characters from the hit film at Shrek's Adventure! London: Fun for all the family.
Fun Father's Day guided tours in London
- Explore the sites that inspired Sherlock Holmes: Discover key locations from the hit series from the books, TV and big screen.
- Uncover the history of the Tower of London: Explore the famous fortress with a Beefeater guide.
- Take a London by Night Bus Tour: Marvel at the city’s most iconic landmarks lit up on an open-top night bus tour.
- Feast on authentic street food on a Brick Lane Indian Food Tour*: Try traditional sweet and savoury snacks from a variety of local eateries.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to London's top shows and musicals: Not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: See a play or tour over the weekend.
- Check out the city's best outdoor theatres and cinemas: Watch a show or a film under the stars.
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Book a stadium tour: Discover one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Visit a sports museum: Look into the illustrious history of sport in London.
- Enjoy a fun day out at Lee Valley White Water Centre: Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft.
- Order a drink at one of London’s top sports bars: Start your Father’s Day celebrations in a cool venue.
- Watch a live sporting event: Soak up the excitement in London's best sporting venues.
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Book a cocktail masterclass* or gin experience*: Let them brush up their skills.
- Treat him to a Father's Day hamper from Fortnum & Mason*: Crammed full of his favourite food and drink.
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub: Or head to a pub with a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Enjoy drinks at a rooftop bar: Soak up panoramic views of London.
- Book a table at a Michelin-star restaurant: Blow the budget for a decadent meal in London.
- Experience a cosy gastropub: Sit down for a pub meal with a difference.
- Take your dad to one of the top 101 pubs in London: Tick off some of the best drinking spots from his bucket list.
- Discover Cookery School at Little Portland Street: Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London.
- Head to a top London picnic spot: Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nibbles and relax.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Explore the London Transport Museum: Take your trainspotting dad to his favourite museum.
- Try an immersive experience: From the theatre to gaming, stimulate your senses with an unusual immersive experience.
- Visit one of the city's art galleries or major museums: Be inspired by some of the best artworks on display in London.
- See one of the latest art exhibitions or museum exhibitions: Take your artsy dad to one of the best art venues in town.
- Rediscover King's Cross: With the Art + Culture audio tour led by actor Russell Tovey.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
- Book show tickets online: Enjoy London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
- Buy him a luxury experience: Make him feel special with spa days or afternoon tea.
- Browse one of London's department stores for ideas: From watches, tech gadgets and more in Selfridges, to games and gardening gear at John Lewis Oxford Street, or distinctive clothing at Liberty and Harrods.
- Hunt down gifts in London's top shopping spots: Visit Carnaby's cool boutiques for iconic British designers, St James's – home to Fortnum & Mason department store – for classy clothing, or Covent Garden for some pampering.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for Father's Day events in London, taking place both over the Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.