For more family ideas, check out our Let's Do London guide. Make sure to share your adventures on social media using the #LetsDoLondon hashtag!
- Get competitive over half-term and take on your family in a drawing challenge at Tower Bridge. 16 and 26 Oct
- Catch theatre, circus, dance, music and more exciting performances happening across the city with Pop-Up London. 23-31 Oct
- Visit one of the largest private collections of Banksy's work with the Art of Banksy exhibition. Until 21 Nov
Find out what's on over the October half-term in London.
Fun exhibitions for kids
- Learn and play at the British Museum where kids and families can explore the galleries and engage with activities and workshops. 23-31 Oct
- Tumble down the rabbit hole for an adventure through the adaptations, origins and reinventions of Alice in Wonderland with Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser at the V&A. Until 31 Dec
- Be dazzled by magic and the natural world as they combine in Fantastic Beasts: The Wonder of Nature at the Natural History Museum. Until 3 Jan
- Explore joy and the conditions necessary to create it as well as related historical artefacts at Wellcome Collection. Until 22 Feb
- Sip on Butterbeer, ride a broomstick and trace magical moments of filmmaking history with The Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition, as a collection of behind-the-scenes photographs go on display at the London Film Museum.
- Enjoy storytelling, family trails and the chance to learn about urban landscapes with Climate Crossroads at the London Transport Museum.
- Or get creative with TfL's Craft Club activities while out and about this half-term.
Plan a trip to London to explore these incredible museums for kids.
Festivals for families
- Make the most of free and budget-friendly activities for kids during the school holidays with the Camden Together festival. Until 31 Oct
- Plan a day out in the City of London as the area plays host to walks and tours, outdoor performances, live music, pop-up installations and more across the Square Mile.
Take a look at more things to do with kids in London.
Top attractions for families
- Celebrate the Trolls World Tour with fun Troll-themed activities for kids at Shrek’s Adventure! London.
- Head to the Giants of the Galapagos exhibit to say hello to Dolly, Polly and Priscilla as the giant tortoises move into their new home at ZSL London Zoo.
- From Paddington Bear to Mary Poppins, go on the hunt for stars of the screen on the Scenes in the Square statue trail in Leicester Square.
- Explore the flora and fauna of the Barbican Conservatory with a free audio trail for kids.
- Follow in the footsteps of your favourite wizard with a visit to the magical Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. A must-visit for any Harry Potter fan!
- Little ones can have a great time trying out different careers in the city specially built for children at KidZania.
- Journey to the depths of the ocean at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, which is home to sharks, penguins, jellyfish and more incredible creatures.
- Come face to face with some of your favourite celebrities and take a selfie with the wax figures at Madame Tussauds.
- Prepare to be scared at the London Dungeon while exploring the capital's most horrible history.
- Visit top family attractions for less with a money-saving pass this summer, with options including the London Pass, London Explorer Pass or the Merlin London Attractions Pass.
- Take a ride on the world's tallest and longest tunnel slide with The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Plan a visit to more top attractions in London.
Outdoor activities for kids
- Download the South Ken Green Trail map to explore wildflower meadows, art installations, beautiful gardens and more with the kids.
- Learn all about wildlife, go pond dipping, search for bugs and get crafty in London’s Hyde Park with themed Discovery Days over the school holidays.
- Teach the little ones all about the city with these outdoor London Curriculum Family Explorer Trails.
- Play detective with Sherlock: The Official Outdoor Game and solve a series of challenging clues to complete your mission.
Check out more things to do outdoors in London.
Best theatre shows for kids
- Watch Andrew Lloyd Webber’s highly anticipated adaptation of Cinderella as it makes its world premiere in London.
- Let the little ones travel to the Serengeti during Disney’s well-loved tale of The Lion King.
- Go on a magical adventure with everyone's favourite nanny, Mary Poppins. Plus, make sure to sing along to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
- Join Marty McFly and the Doc for a time-travelling adventure with the Back to the Future musical.
- Be dazzled by the untold story of two witches and their against-all-odds friendship in the magical land of Oz with Wicked.
- Follow the heartwarming story of Matilda as Roald Dahl's classic tale comes to life on the West End stage.
Book tickets for some of the top musicals in London.
Things to do with older kids
- Indulge in delicious treats while passing some of the capital's most-famous landmarks on a Brigit's Bakery afternoon tea bus tour.
- Catch a family film under the stars at an outdoor cinema in Insta-worthy settings across the capital.
- Take on aliens to save the planet in an electrifying battle through time and space with the immersive Doctor Who: Time Fracture experience.
Check out more things to do with teenagers in London.
When you're out and about with the kids, make sure to map your route around London's top family activities with the Visit London app.