Book family-friendly attractions
Don't miss out on entry to top attractions – get tickets to popular attractions for teenagers now:
Create FOMO among your friends as you share once-in-a-lifetime family experiences on social media, refresh your wardrobe with bargain fashion or enjoy unique events and activities for teenagers in London.
Take in stunning London views
- Ride the IFS Cloud Cable Car: Grab some videos for TikTok and get a discount if you have a Zip Oyster card.
- See the city from above on the London Eye: Try the multi-sensory, special effect 4D Experience afterwards.
- Visit Tower Bridge: Hold your nerve as you cross its sky-high glass walkway.
- Experience Up at The O2: Go on the roof of London’s famous entertainment centre.
- Board a London Helicopter tour*: Travel like a rock star.
- Admire The View from The Shard: See the city from the top of one of Europe’s tallest buildings.
Catch big kids shows in London
- See one of London’s top musicals: Keep an eye out for teenage-friendly shows, such as Mamma Mia! and Back to the Future: The Musical. Many London theatres offer cheap tickets to people aged 26 and under.
- Become immersed in all things ABBA with Mamma Mia! The Party: Enjoy the immersive show and dinner at The O2.
- Marvel at the magical Life of Pi at at Wyndham's Theatre: Witness the extraordinary tale of a young man and his animal companions who survive a disaster at sea.
- Catch a performance at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre: Be a "groundling" for a show at the famous open-air venue.
- See a show at The Unicorn Theatre: The venue near Tower Bridge performs shows specifically for a teenage audience.
- Make the most of the Young Barbican membership scheme: The Barbican offers discounted tickets for film, music, art, dance and theatre shows to 14 to 25 year-olds.
- Sign up to the National Theatre's Entry Pass: The free membership scheme offers a limited number of £5 and £10 tickets to performances for UK residents aged 16 to 25 years.
Watch more theatre shows in London.
Check out cool film attractions
- Book tickets to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter: Step inside the Great Hall at Hogwarts.
- Discover Harry Potter’s London: Visit more locations from the Harry Potter films and books.
- Don't miss the Marvel Universe 4D experience at Madame Tussauds London: Watch as your favourite superheroes work together to save the universe.
- See films for less at BFI Southbank: Tickets for 16 to 25-year-olds only cost £3.
- Catch the latest action blockbuster on the biggest screen in Britain at BFI London IMAX Waterloo: Or enjoy the world’s most immersive movie experience at the Science Museum’s IMAX 3D cinema.
- Discover the best open-air cinemas in London: Watch your favourite films with your friends on a rooftop or open-air venue.
Relive your favourite films and TV shows with film locations of London.
Hair-raising London activities for teenagers
- Experience The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit: Get ready for adrenaline-pumping twists and turns.
- Take to London’s famous river, James Bond style, in a speedboat: Thamesjet, Thames RIB Experience and Thames Rockets all offer thrilling rides.
- Take on piranha, sharks and creepy crawlies at SEA LIFE London aquarium: Explore the marine world and wonders of the rainforest.
- Scale the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on The Dare Skywalk: The vertigo-inducing experience is a must for sports fans.
- Enjoy an exhilarating day out at London’s theme parks: Strap yourself in and hold on for dear life, it’s roller coaster time!
- Get active at Go Ape Battersea: Fly down an epic zip-wire in the forest treetops.
Find more ideas for adventure in London
Fun activities in London with teenagers
- Gather friends and family for Sherlock: The Official Outdoor Game: Attempt to solve clues and become a super sleuth.
- Get a hole-in-one at Jurassic Falls Adventure Golf: Or test yourself with adventure golf at Greenwich Peninsula Golf Driving Range.
- Solve clues at one of London's escape rooms: It's the only way to find your way out of a locked room.
- Get a team together for The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience: Tackle a host of fun challenges.
- Master becoming a pilot with the Emirates Aviation Experience: Discover state-of-the-art technology, interactive displays and life-size aircraft models.
- Bounce around on trampolines at Oxygen Freejumping at The O2: Have a go on the high ropes too!
- Watch a real-life court drama unfold at The Old Bailey (age 14+ only): The public galleries are open for viewing of trials in session.
- Take to the skies at the Science Museum: Experience the Red Arrows in the Fly 360° interactive 3D flight simulators.
Plan ahead with more family activities in London.
Get freaked out with spooky London attractions
- Get spooked at the Tower of London: Hear historic tales of torture and death.
- Don't be scared at The London Dungeon: Learn more about London's dark history.
- Go ghost-hunting at Hampton Court Palace: You won't forget your trip to The Haunted Gallery.
- Hop on a Ghost Bus Tour: Discover London’s sites of murder, torture and supernatural activity.
- Trace the gruesome trail of Jack the Ripper: Follow Jack the Ripper’s trail of terror on a themed walking tour.
- Visit the Natural History Museum's Darwin Centre: Get up extremely close and personal with a mosquito.
- Explore the history of surgery at the Old Operating Theatre Museum: Get an insight into what surgery was like in the pre-anaesthetics era.
- Eyeball gory and spooky Halloween activities across London on 31 October: Join a ghost tour, dress up for a Halloween party or dare to step inside spooky attractions.
Hold your nerve with more spooky London ideas.
Things to do in London for sports fans
- Tread in the footsteps of football legends at Wembley Stadium: Or tour the grounds of Arsenal and Tottenham in north London, west London team Chelsea, and West Ham's London Stadium.
- Visit Twickenham: If rugby is more your game, then it's the only place you’ll want to go.
- Enjoy a special day at the Lee Valley White Water Centre: Go hydrospeeding along an Olympic course.
- Take a plunge in the Olympic pool at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park: The Aquatics Centre hosted major events during the London 2012 Olympics.
- Learn about your favourite sport at Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum: Take an interactive tour behind the scenes at this iconic venue.
Check out more of London's sporting attractions and events.
Take a tour of London
- Hurtle around London on a Small Car Big City tour: Take in top landmarks and quirky sights from a mini.
- See the Illuminated River during a City Cruises evening river cruise: Marvel at London’s bridges as they’re lit up as part of the special light installation.
- Feast on authentic street food on a Brick Lane Indian Street Food Tour: Explore the culinary delights of London's Brick Lane.
- Get some inspiration on a free street art tour with Sandeman's New London Tours: Explore London’s best-known sights and streets on a themed walking tour.
Learn about more London tours.
Been there, done that? Visit unusual London attractions
- Tick off all of London’s most visited attractions: Then, explore some of London’s more unusual museums to get one over on your friends...
- See unusual specimens at the Grant Museum of Zoology: Peer at jars filled with brains and a tweeting jar of moles.
- Spot your favourite comic characters at The Cartoon Museum: Discover original artwork from the 1800s to the present day.
- Visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum: Follow in the footsteps of the famous sleuth and pose at the famous doorway.
- Rattle along on the Postal Museum’s underground mail train: It used to transport letters around the city.
Discover more London attractions.
Free things to do in London with teens
- Wander around buzzing Covent Garden: You may just be ambushed by some free, highly entertaining street theatre.
- Don't miss London's cool Sky Garden: Venture 150m (164 yards) above London and take in great views.
- Explore Richmond Park: Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, including the resident deer (all 650 of them!).
- Step into M&M’s World: Come face to face with a giant wall of chocolate.
- Visit one of the many free museums in London: Enjoy the best of London's culture completely free.
Find more budget-friendly activities in London.
Seek out London Instagram hotspots
- Discover London's top 10 photo spots: Gather for a family selfie at some of the most Instagrammable places in the city.
- Head over to One New Change: Capture the perfect reflection of St Paul’s Cathedral from this cool spot.
- Take a #nofilter shot at colourful Neal’s Yard: Wander around brightly coloured independent restaurants, bars, cafes and shops.
- Seek out Greenwich Instagram hotspots: From iconic Cutty Sark to Greenwich Park’s pretty blossom.
- Soak up the quirky street art at Leake Street Arches: Snap away in the former railway arches.
- Pose for a picture in one of London's best Instagrammable cafes: Get a shot of coffee and a shot for the gram!
- Snap away at the neon signs in God’s Own Junkyard: Discover a neon paradise at this quirky spot in Walthamstow.
Hit the shops in London
- Shop at Zara's Oxford Street flagship store: Discover the latest fashions and update your wardrobe.
- Tap into the retro vibe at one of London’s vintage clothing stores: Or hunt down pre-loved clothes in London's charity shops and thrift stores.
- Dress for less at TK Maxx or Primark: Then look out for more discounts in London shops during the January sales.
- Find a hidden treasure at the markets: Don't miss Portobello Road, Camden or Old Spitalfields.
- Find all your favourite brands in Selfridges on Oxford Street: Explore the department store’s six floors.
- See how the other half lives with a mooch around Harrods: Or marvel at the high-end boutiques in Bond Street and St James’s.
Seek out more of London's top shops.
Cool London shopping areas
- Explore iconic modern clothing stores along Carnaby Street in Soho: Stop off for something to eat at Kingly Court while you’re there.
- Get discounts on your favourite high-street brands at ICON Outlet at The O2: Or shop till you drop at London Designer Outlet in Wembley.
- Seek out hidden gems in Seven Dials: Then make your way to pretty St Christopher’s Place and stylish South Molton Street.
- Wander around Covent Garden’s market: Pick up luxury fashion and beauty products in its many boutiques.
- Find everything under one roof at Westfield Stratford City: Discover one of the biggest urban shopping centres in Europe.
- Shop in a pop-up shipping container at east London’s Boxpark: The cool venue is home to more than 50 fashion brands and food and drink retailers.
Discover more top shopping destinations in London.
Make and listen to music in London
- Go to a free gig at House of Vans: Why not have a skate too?
- Sing like a superstar at karaoke bars in London: Some allow entry to under-18s at specific times and days.
- Catch one of Rough Trade East's in-store gigs: See a cool new band.
- Don't miss the Young Creatives workshops at The Roundhouse (aged 15+ only): Learn how to be a DJ or musician.
Hear more live music in London.
Where to eat in London for teens
- Emulate your favourite bloggers at Peggy Porschen and Farm Girl: Have coffee and almost-too-pretty-to-eat sweet and savoury delights at London’s coolest cafes.
- Have fun at the Draughts board game cafes in Hackney and Waterloo: Challenge your family over some tasty food.
- Use the interactive ordering system to select your food at Inamo: This quirky Asian restaurant puts you in control of your surroundings using fun interactive technology.
- Check out London’s quirky restaurants: Cause serious FOMO among your friends.
- Find cutting-edge plant-based treats at top London vegan restaurants: From “fried chicken” to dairy-free banoffee pie, choose from plenty of deliciously inventive options.
- Pick up handheld bites from London’s street food hubs: Check out Borough Market, Greenwich Market and Pop Brixton.
Tuck into more delicious food at London's top family restaurants.
Enjoy thrills and spills on wheels
- Go for a ride with the London Cycle Hire Scheme (only £2 per day): Explore hidden streets and riding paths.
- Show off your slides, grinds and kickflips at House of Vans: Also check out Southbank Skate Space and the Bay Sixty6 skate park.
- Get an adrenaline rush on the Olympic BMX track at Lee Valley VeloPark: Don't miss this cool spot, a London 2012 Olympics venue no less.
Find things to do in London during the summer
- Soak up the summer atmosphere in Trafalgar Square or at a London music festival: Check out a line-up of special events and big-name headliners.
- Cool off in one of London’s many outdoor swimming lidos: Then discover the city's parks on four wheels, two wheels or on foot.
- Have a magical summer evening at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre: Enjoy comedy and theatre under the stars.
Discover things to do in London in winter
- See the Harry Potter film studios transformed for winter with Hogwarts in the Snow: Discover flaming Christmas puddings and more as Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter is given a maeover with special effects and decorations.
- Spot London's Christmas lights on a special Christmas lights bus tour: Watch London twinkle at night with iconic decorations.
- Be dazzled and snap away at Christmas at Kew: Be amazed by mesmerising light displays.
- Get into the festive spirit with seasonal food, shows and Christmas markets at Winter at Southbank Centre: Then check out sprawling Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and Christmas by the River.
- Skate around London's ice rinks, including beautiful outdoor rinks: Don't miss the rinks at Hampton Court Palace, Somerset House and Canary Wharf.
- Watch one of the world's most spectacular fireworks displays on New Year’s Eve: Hear Big Ben's famous "bongs" ring out at midnight on New Year's Eve in London.
Delve into more winter fun in London.
You can also find things for teenagers to do in London by downloading the Visit London app to use while you’re on the go.