Easter is celebrated in April in 2023 (it sometimes falls in March). Plan ahead for the Easter weekend.
London events April 2023 include the Feast of St George and the Sikh festival of Vaisakhi.
By April, spring awakens London. As crisp sunny days and the first blossoms take over, the coldest months wave goodbye in favour of more sunshine and the occasional sharp shower.
Experience the city teeming with beautiful blooms in gardens, take a walk in London’s parks, or visit nature reserves to spot wildlife this month.
Unmissable London events April 2023
- Keep the whole family entertained during Easter: Enjoy attractions and London events in April 2023 throughout the Easter weekend (7-10 Apr) and Easter holidays (1-16 Apr).
- Join in the fun during the early May bank holiday weekend: Discover pop-up events and activities over three days at the end of the month. 29 Apr-1 May
- Tap into those green fingers at Chelsea Physic Garden: Design your own mini garden (6 Apr) or unwind at the monthly yoga class (3 Apr).
- Don't miss the Eat & Drink Festival: Learn new culinary skills, see celebrity chefs at work and take home fantastic produce from unique artisan producers. Until 2 Apr
- Discover new music acts at Camden Rocks: This independent festival showcases hundreds of the best new and established bands across Camden Town. 1, 29 Apr
- Conspire with Guy Fawkes at The Gunpowder Plot: An immersive experience with explosive surprises around every corner. Weds-Sun
- Take a London walking tour: Uncover the history of the Great Fire of London, learn all about royal coronations, and go behind the scenes at the Houses of Parliament.
- Get a sneak peek into the world of The Magic Circle: Hear tales of the history of magic and discover a few new tricks with a close-up magic show. 3 Apr
- Take an immersive yoga class at the enchanting Frameless exhibition space: Experience a yoga class like no other at this unique art gallery.2 Apr
- Join the joyous Vaisakhi Festival in Trafalgar Square: Mark the start of the Sikh New Year at this vibrant event in the centre of London. 14 Apr
- Attend the annual London Games Festival: The world's biggest celebration of video games and interactive entertainment. Until 8 Apr
Check the London events calendar to see more of what's on in 2023.
Theatre shows in London
- Experience the magic of Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre: Be mesmerised by the spellbinding prequel to the Wizard of Oz.
- See the sensational Dirty Dancing at the Dominion Theatre: Enjoy breathtaking dance moves and a sizzling soundtrack.
- Expect the unexpected at The Play That Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre: Watch the hilarious antics of the accident-prone Cornley Drama Society.
- Laugh out loud at Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre: Follow Roald Dahl's much-loved tale of a young girl who discovers she has magical powers.
- Sing along to top hits at Choir of Man at The Arts Theatre: This lock-in at your new local for the night will be like no other.
- Discover the story of The Temptations at Ain't Too Proud at the Prince Edward Theatre: Follow the tale of five boys who dream of music and success.
- Don't miss the dazzling Moulin Rouge! The Musical at the Piccadilly Theatre: See the beloved movie come to life on stage.
- See the drama unfold from the jury box in Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution at London County Hall: Take your seat in the courtroom to witness a gripping murder trial.
- Celebrate girl power with SIX at the Vaudeville Theatre: Hear the Tudor tales of Henry VIII's wives as they come together as pop princesses.
Where can I see spring flowers in London?
- Take a leisurely stroll through Kew Gardens: Explore the beautiful botanic gardens and glasshouses as you admire trees and flowers from all over the world.
- Get your spring flower fix in the Memorial Gardens of Buckingham Palace: Admire a stunning seasonal array of flowers in this picturesque spot.
- Be charmed by the world-famous gardens of Hampton Court Palace: See brilliant displays of spring flowers in the spectacular Pond Garden and the Wilderness Garden.
- Visit the Sunken Garden and wildflower meadow at Kensington Palace: Follow in the footsteps of royalty in the beautiful palace gardens.
- See spring flowers in London's majestic Royal Parks and gardens: Connect with nature and watch the world go by in beautiful and historic surroundings.
Exhibitions in London
- See The Queen and her Corgis at The Wallace Collection: Celebrate the life of Queen Elizabeth II and her love for Pembroke Welsh corgis.
- Discover Ai Wei Wei: Making Sense at the Design Museum: The artist and activist shares his first design exhibition mixing recent works with commissioned pieces. From 7 Apr
- Explore Donatello: Sculpting the Renaissance at the V&A: Visit the first major UK exhibition to showcase the exceptional talents of this Renaissance master.
- TV meets comics at Gerry Anderson's Century 21 at the Cartoon Museum: See classic comic artwork based on the worlds imagined by Gerry Anderson.
- Visit Alice Neel: Hot Off The Griddle at the Barbican: Lose yourself in the vivid portraits of this talented American artist.
- Go on a journey into space at Science Fiction: Voyage to the Edge of Imagination: Board a spaceship and be at the heart of an epic science fiction story.
Places to visit in April
- Visit the iconic Cutty Sark: Embrace your inner adventurer as you explore the famous tea clipper.
- Get back to nature at the London Wetland Centre: Find an urban oasis within this 105-acre wildlife haven in south-west London.
- Take an afternoon tea at The British Museum: After you've explored its fantastic collection, take a seat in the Great Court Restaurant for sweet and savoury treats.
- Meet the royal family at Madame Tussauds: Okay, they might be made of wax but where else can you snap a photo next to a prince and princess?
- Meet the legendary Yeoman Warders of the Tower of London: This famous fortress is a must-see during the spring.
- Take a day trip from London: See the royal town of Windsor, discover the beauty and history of York and be enchanted by the countryside of the Cotswolds.
For more things to do in April in London, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And plan ahead for the best of the London stage with the theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.