July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
Annual July events include the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships and RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival.
Pride in London, a huge celebration of the LGBT+ community falls in July.
July brings fabulous festivals to the city, and is one of the warmest months of the year in the capital! It's time to head to London's great outdoors: enjoy open-air theatre, see the sights on an open-top bus tour or visit top outdoor attractions.
With the warm weather and relaxing vibes around every corner, there are lots of iconic summer events to experience – check out our top picks below to make this month utterly unforgettable.
Unmissable London events July
- Make memories during the school summer holidays in London: Enjoy epic attractions, fun family activities, children’s theatre shows and top family experiences this summer.
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with the Pride in London festival: Watch the famous Pride in London Parade through central London and enjoy free performances in Trafalgar Square. TBC
- Watch world-class tennis at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships: If you haven't secured a ticket, follow the action at pop-up screens across the capital. 3-16 Jul 2023
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival: Immerse yourself in vibrant summer blooms at the largest annual flower show in the world. TBC
Check back in closer to the time to discover more July events.
London theatre in July
- Bring out your inner dancing queen at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Enjoy the summertastic musical full of love, laughter and your favourite ABBA songs.
- Be charmed by Matilda The Musical at London's Cambridge Theatre: See the heart-warming stage adaption of Roald Dahl’s much-loved book.
- Hear the tales of the famous wives of Henry VIII at Six the Musical at the Vaudeville Theatre: It's time for them to set the story straight.
- Sing along at TINA - The Tina Turner Musical at the Aldwych Theatre: See the inspiring transformation of the "Queen of Rock 'n' Roll" from humble beginnings to global superstar.
- Laugh out loud at The Play That Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre: A 1920s murder mystery full of mishaps.
What can I do outdoors in July?
- Sail by London landmarks on a top river Thames tour: Combine cruising with a top attraction, travel with the Uber Boat by Thames Clippers River Roamer to North Greenwich pier before soaring above London with a London cable car.
- Soak up the sun as you explore Kew Gardens: Immerse yourself in nature as you wander the themed gardens and seek out exotic flowers and giant lily pads.
- Reach new heights Up at The O2: Make memories this summer as you climb the famous tented roof of London's top entertainment venue.
- Grab a picnic basket and bask in the sunshine at London's top picnic spots: Spend summer days soaking up scenic views.
- Search for secret spots and epic vistas at commons and heaths around London: Find picturesque green spaces to relax and unwind.
- Roam some of the city's best parks: Discover the bicycle-friendly Hyde Park, wildlife-rich Richmond Park or pretty St James's Park.
- Work your way through 101 things to do outdoors in London: including the best picture spots, waterside walks and outside hidden gems.
- Swim, sweat and sightsee at these outdoor fitness spots across the capital: Get active in London's great outdoors.
- Grab some friends and head over to London's cool outdoor cinemas: Catch your favourite films at trendy rooftop locations, open-air screenings and retro drive-ins.
London exhibitions in July
- Discover exciting artworks at the Royal Academy of Art's annual Summer Exhibition: Explore all forms of art on display, from painting and photography to sculpture and prints. 12 Jun-20 Aug
- Immersive yourself in the After Impressionism exhibition at The National Gallery: See more than 100 works by artists ranging from Matisse and Picasso to Mondrian and Kandinsky. 25 Mar-13 Aug
- Celebrate the power of iconic performers with the DIVA exhibition at the V&A Museum: Explore how the role of 'diva' has been subverted or embraced over time. From 24 Jun
- Be inspired at A World in Common: Contemporary African Photography at Tate Modern: Discover dream-like utopias and bustling cityscapes from the artists' perspectives. 6 Jul-14 Jan
What are the best London festivals in July?
- See globally renowned artists at BST Hyde Park: Watch legendary headliners perform their top hits, with Bruce Springsteen already confirmed for the 2023 line-up.
- Fill your summer calendar with classical concerts: Don't miss the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall with more than 40 days of concerts to enjoy. TBC
- Head to London's urban music festival Wireless: See some of the biggest names in rap, hip hop, and R&B at Crystal Palace. TBC
- Be dazzled by the many summer events at Somerset House: From film to live music performances, the annual festivities are a great way to celebrate summer.
For more things to do in London in July, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with the London theatre guide.
If you're in London, find out what's on this weekend and download the Visit London app for the latest information on coolest things happening in the capital.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.