What's on in November in London?
- Top November events include Hogwarts in the Snow, The Lord Mayor's Show and EFG London Jazz Festival.
- Watch fireworks light up the skies above London on Bonfire Night.
- Festive markets, dazzling lights and ice rinks begin to pop up across the capital marking the countdown to Christmas in London.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
Top November activities in London
- Discover all that London has to offer with a sightseeing pass: Save money by visiting multiple attractions with The London Pass, Go City London Explorer Pass or the Merlin London Attractions Pass.
- Or tick off London's top sights with the Total London Experience: A hassle-free day exploring London's best spots.
- Head out on Thames on a sightseeing cruise: Enjoy unrivalled view of the city's best sights, from the London Eye to St Paul's Cathedral.
- Take a walking tour with an expert local guide: From family-fun on tours such as Paddington Bear, to TV and film favourites Doctor Who and James Bond.
- Visit one of London's lesser-known museums: Discover never-before-seen evidence at the Jack the Ripper Museum and watch the Horse Guards at work at the royal Household Cavalry Museum.
- Have fun at one of London's top immersive experiences: From the weird and wonderful at the Alice in Wonderland VR Escape Experience*, or play detective at Sherlock: The Official Live Game.
- Spend a night at the movies: Head to one of London's best independent cinemas or enjoy an evening at a Vintage Cinema Screening with Cocktails at TT Liquor*.
- Make the most of London's incredible food scene: Take a tour of Borough Market, get stuck in at the Ultimate Foodie Cookery Masterclass at The Jamie Oliver Cookery School* or head to Camden Town Brewery for a tour and tasting.
Discover more things to do in London including the best attractions for families and where to go for fantastic food and drink.
Theatre shows in London in November
- Laugh out loud at Roald Dahl's Matilda at Cambridge Theatre: See the much-loved children's novel reworked into a hilarious musical.
- Be spellbound by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular effects and show-stopping songs as the untold story of the witches from The Wizard of Oz comes alive on stage.
- Don't miss the murder mystery spectacular The Mousetrap at St Martin's Theatre: One of the UK's longest running shows that will have you asking, 'whodunnit'?
Check back closer to the time for more top musicals and theatre shows in November.
Unmissable events in November
- See some amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks: Watch autumn skies light up on Guy Fawkes Night in November.
- Pay your respects on Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday: Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars during special events and services in London.
- See the EFG London Jazz Festival return to London: Enjoy a spectacular programme of live gigs and special performances from global Jazz stars. TBC
- Admire a colourful array of carriages and costumes at The Lord Mayor's Show: The 800-year-old inauguration ceremony has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers.
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London: Attend a festive service and find the best places to devour a traditional meal. 23 Nov
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies during St Andrew's Day in London: Rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city. 30 Nov
Check back nearer the time for more events in November, or take a look at the London events calendar.
Art exhibitions in London
- Celebrate the world of musical theatre at Re:Imagining Musicals at the Victoria and Albert Museum: From classics such as My Fair Lady, to modern hit Six. Until 27 Nov
- Meet Philip Guston at Tate Modern: Discover the iconic works of a Canadian artist that captures the anxious and turbulent world he has witnessed over 50 years. Opening 5 Oct 2023
- Study the works of British artist Sarah Lucas at Tate Britain: See her bold and provocative use of materials and imagery that challenges sex, class and gender. Opening 26 Sep 2023
- See Impressionists on Paper: Degas to Toulouse-Lautrec at the Royal Academy of Arts: Witness the radical works of Degas, Renoir, and Van Gogh in a new light. Opening 25 Nov 2023
Find out more about each with these round-ups of top art exhibitions and the best museum exhibitions in London.
Christmas events in London in November
- Get into the festive spirit on a Christmas Lights London by Night bus tour: Enjoy spectacular festive light displays and see the city sparkle.
- Experience Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter.
- Enjoy festive fun for all the family at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park: Fairground rides, ice skating and family shows await this Christmas.
- Explore Kew Gardens at night: Join the magical Christmas at Kew light trail through the iconic gardens.
- Attend an enchanting carol service: Sing along to your favourite Christmas tunes at one of the many shows across the city.
- Pick up the perfect gift at London's best Christmas markets: Peruse the stalls in the city or take a Christmas markets day trip to discover festivities in Canterbury, Winchester or Birmingham.
- Book ahead for New Years Eve celebrations: Spend the evening aboard a Thames river cruise or watch the fireworks from a winter rooftop bar.
Discover more festive things to do in London in November.
For more things to do in November in London, take a look at this events calendar and guide to what's on in London.
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.