What is the Orbit slide?
The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit is a hair-raising experience that’s not for the faint-hearted!
Made up of 12 twists and turns, including a tight corkscrew named the bettfeder (meaning “bedspring” in German), it ends in a thrilling 164ft (50-metre) straight run to the ground.
How much is the Orbit slide?
How tall is the ArcelorMittal Orbit slide?
The Orbit slide is 250ft (76 metres) high, making it the world’s tallest tunnel slide. At 584ft (178 metres) in length, it’s also the longest!
How fast is the ArcelorMittal Orbit slide?
Whizz down the Orbit slide at speeds of up to 15 miles (24km) per hour, which takes 40 seconds in total.
Where is the Orbit slide in London?
The slide winds around the ArcelorMittal Orbit sculpture, which is located in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in Stratford, east London.
What can you see from the Orbit?
Take the lift 262 ft (80 metres) up to the viewing platform, where the 360-degree floor-to-ceiling windows make it easy to spot landmarks such as The Shard, St Paul’s Cathedral and Wembley Stadium.
You can also peer down on the waterways, gardens and sports venues in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park from the outside viewing area.
For more daring views, look down through the glass floor.
Where do I buy ArcelorMittal Orbit tickets?
Why was the ArcelorMittal Orbit built?
The idea for the ArcelorMittal Orbit was born out of a conversation between the then Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, and Lakshmi Mittal from steel company ArcelorMittal.
Johnson and Olympic Minister Tessa Jowell wanted to create a special landmark for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Who designed the Orbit?
Artist Anish Kapoor and architect Cecil Balmond designed the ArcelorMittal Orbit, which opened in 2012.
Following its opening, Kapoor worked with fellow artist Carsten Höller to create the tunnel slide that would intertwine with the sculpture – the Orbit slide was completed in 2016.
Prices and opening times
|Child Ticket||£5.50 to £10.75 per ticket|
|Family Ticket||£32.00 to £53.00 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£8.50 to £13.75 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£11.50 to £16.75 per ticket|
Please note rates above are for advance booking only.
Low price is for general entry only (not including The Slide).
High price is for general entry and The Slide.
School, trade and group rates available, please call +44 (0)33 3600 6099 for further details.
Friday to Monday: 11am to 3pm.
Images and Videos
Venue Details & Map
3 Thornton Street
Queen Elizabeth Olympic ParkStratfordLondonE20 2AD
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- Lift buttons with raised numbers or letters
- Lift with spoken announcements on arrival at each floor
- Ramps within building
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Some toilets with handrails
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Films or information touch screens have visual/audible subtitles
- Hearing loop system
- Visual alarm system
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Blue badge parking available
- Drop-off point for guests available outside main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the lounge
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Low payment counters
- Low reception or information counters
- Portable chip and pin machines
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Public toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Outdoor dining / Beer garden
- Private Dining
- Vegetarian options on menu
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Civil Partnership licence held
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- In house AV available
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Trade vehicle access
- Wedding service
- General Facilities
- Free WiFi
- On-site coach parking
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available