Explore the Young V&A, a newly transformed museum dedicated to the interests, skills and needs of children and teenagers.
Formerly the Museum of Childhood, the "younger sibling" of the Victoria and Albert Museum is aimed at children aged up to 14 years old.
The museum is currently closed and is due to reopen in summer 2023.
What is there to see at Young V&A?
When it throws open its doors in 2023, the Young V&A will have three permanent gallery spaces called Imagine, Play and Design.
Visitors will also be able to book tickets for shows in its temporary exhibition space. The new displays, which include items from the V&A’s main archive, are all created with children in mind.
You’ll be able to get hands-on with interactive displays, workshops and an Open Studio, and show off performance skills on the amphitheatre-style stage in the Imagine area of the museum.
This national museum for young people will focus on the issues facing children today and their achievements. Contemporary items scheduled to be on display include the skateboard of 13-year-old Olympic medallist Sky Brown.
Is the Young V&A free to visit?
The Young V&A is free to visit. Please check in advance for temporary exhibitions and one-off events.
Where is the Young V&A?
The Young V&A is in Bethnal Green, east London. It is located very close to Bethnal Green Tube station (Central line) on Cambridge Heath Road.
How do I get to the Young V&A?
The nearest Tube station to the Young V&A is Bethnal Green (Central line), which is a one-minute walk away.
Several bus routes stop on Cambridge Heath Road, close to the museum.
There are Santander Cycles docking stations at Holybush Gardens, which is a two-minute walk, and Bethnal Green Gardens, which is four minutes from the museum.
The Young V&A is currently closed. It is expected to reopen in 2023.
Venue Details & Map
Cambridge Heath RoadLondonE2 9PA
- +44 (0)20 8983 5200
- Public transport:
- Follow direction signs from Bethnal Green station.
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for limited mobility users
- All routes suitable for pushchairs or prams
- Lift buttons with raised numbers or letters
- Ramps with handrail within building
- Steps with handrail within building
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Hearing loop system
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Designated disabled parking available within fifty metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to garden
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Low reception or information counters
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- In house AV available
- Offers charity rates
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry