There’s no need to stick to daytime shop opening hours to catch up on essential retail therapy in London. Uncover when and were to shop long into the evening, from famous shopping streets and top shopping centres in London, to cool and quirky retailers.
What time do shops close in London?
Shop opening times vary across London, with some shops opening late on specific days or at weekends. Fewer shops open late on Sunday due to trading restrictions. Always check the individual shop opening hours in advance – but for a handy overview, take a look at best places to shop in London at night below, which are usually open late.
12 late-night London shopping destinations
London is full of amazing shopping areas, and plenty of them keep their doors open after the sun goes down.
Enjoy late shopping at one of London’s most famous shopping streets. Most Oxford Street shops’ opening times are until 9pm on Mondays to Saturdays, including flagship sports stores such as Adidas and Nike. But keep an eye out for openings until 10pm on select days at department store Selfridges, fashion flagship Primark or kids’ favourite The Disney Store. Find full details of Oxford Street's shops and their opening times.
Shopping pit stop: Test out your crazy golf skills, munch on street food and indulge in creative cocktails at Swingers.
Stroll the cobbled piazza of Covent Garden and browse the health, beauty and fashion boutiques in the streets surrounding the famous market building. Most shops are open until 8pm on Mondays to Saturdays, with later openings until 9pm on select days at the likes of Charlotte Tilbury and Original Penguin. Find full details of Covent Garden opening hours and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Head inside the market building for free entertainment, unique shops and foodie treats, from frozen custard shakes at Shake Shack to fine dining at VyTA.
Stylish Regent Street is home to many high-street and upscale brands. Shops are generally open until 8pm Mondays to Saturdays, but timings can differ depending on the outlet. Check out edgy fashion at All Saints, treat the kids at Hamleys or find the latest tech must-haves at Apple, all until 9pm on select days. Find full details of Regent Street opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Seek out trendy spots along Heddon Street – home to eclectic restaurants and the sub-zero Icebar London.
Historic St James’s spans the traditional and the cutting-edge, with picture-pretty arcades and independent boutiques spread across its streets, between Piccadilly and St James’s Park. Shop times vary, but most are open until 8pm Mondays to Saturdays, including historic department store Fortnum & Mason. Find great value sportswear at Lillywhites or beauty products at Aesop until 9pm every day, except Sundays. Find full details of St James’s opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Take your pick from top-notch dining in St James’s Market, including west African flavours at Ikoyi and modern Scandinavian fare at Aquavit.
Famed as the centre of Swinging Sixties in London, Carnaby is the place for iconic British brands and new-wave fashion. Most shops along Carnaby’s 13 streets open until 7pm Mondays to Saturdays, but some stay open later. Adidas Originals, Dr Martens, Levi's and mock-Tudor Liberty London all open until 8pm on select days. Find full details of Carnaby opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Relax in Kingly Court, an open courtyard featuring restaurants and bars spread over three floors.
Cobbled streets, colourful courtyards, a night food market and uber-cool shops… dial up your evening at Seven Dials, a pretty area between Soho and Covent Garden. Shops here generally stay open until 7pm Monday to Saturday, with some shops opening a little later between Thursdays and Saturdays. Peruse Diesel’s flagship UK store until 8pm Thursdays to Saturdays; or pick your purchases before 8pm at Fred Perry, Urban Outfitters and Vans on select days. Find full details of Seven Dials opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Step inside a former banana warehouse and you’ll uncover a street food lovers’ playground crammed full of traders, bars and producers, at Seven Dials Market – keep an eye out for regular masterclasses and music.
Coal Drops Yard
Head under the magnificent canopies at Coal Drops Yard for some late-night shopping in London. Most shops at this King’s Cross hotspot are open until 8pm on Mondays to Saturdays, including fashion concept store 18Montrose, ethical clothing spot Folk or jewellery heaven, Maya Magal. Find full details of Coal Drops Yard opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Join one of the regular early evening workshops, screenings and events, including coffee roasting and glass-making.
Find the ultimate luxury along Bond Street, which is home to some of the world’s top fashion houses. Stores here generally open until 7pm Mondays to Saturdays and include the likes of Burberry, Chanel, Dior, Hermès and Louis Vuitton. Department store Fenwick stocks all the big names and is open until 8pm (except on Sundays); while you can take your pick from footwear at Russell & Bromley until 8pm on weekdays. Find full details of Bond Street opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Sip on cocktails in a bar inspired by fictitious traveller Phileas Fogg, at uber-quirky Mr. Fogg’s Residence.
Comprising St Martin’s Courtyard, Mercer Walk and Old Brewer’s Yard, this new shopping, dining and wellness destination near Seven Dials and Covent Garden is the perfect place to pick up the latest designs. Visit the likes of Lulemon and Barbour, which are open until 8pm from Monday to Saturday. Find full details of The Yards' opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Drop in for a yoga class at Yogarise, the perfect place to unwind after bagging everything on your list.
Gaze at picture-pretty Harrods (open until 9pm, Mondays to Saturdays), which is lit up at night with thousands of yellow lights, before heading inside to explore its various departments crammed full of high-end fashion and homewares. Or head along Knightsbridge to fellow department store Harvey Nichols (open until 8pm, Mondays to Saturdays) for alternative upscale items.
Shopping pit stop: Grab a glass or two from Harrods’ Wine Bar, serving up a selection of 100 different wines, or celebrate your purchases at the on-site champagne terrace – perfect for summer evenings.
Seek out luxury boutiques among Mayfair’s elegant streets and leafy squares. Pick up accessories at Bimba y Lola, gorgeous soaps at Lush or women’s designs on South Molton Street until 8pm on select days. Or wander to Mount Street, where on-trend brand Balenciaga is open until 8pm Mondays to Saturdays. Find full details of Mayfair opening times and shops.
Shopping pit stop: Get a taste of heaven at Mercato Mayfair, a street food hall housed in stunning surrounds of a converted church.
Chelsea’s King's Road has long been one of London’s centres of fashion. Celeb spot along this stylish street, stopping off to snap Insta-worthy side streets en route. Most shops open until 7pm Mondays to Saturdays, including quirky Anthropologie and stylish The Peruvian Collection. Long-running department store Peter Jones opens until 7pm every day with a late opening until 8pm on Wednesdays. Find full list of King's Road shops and opening times.
Shopping pit stop: Refuel at Duke of York Square with Italian small plates, Lebanese delights or “low and slow” fare on offer.
6 shopping centres with late openings
Mix shopping with dining and entertainment at late opening London shopping centres.
- Westfield London: Spend an evening exploring more than 300 stores, relax at a cinema and indulge at one of many restaurants at this huge shopping mall in west London. The centre is open until 10pm on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Westfield Stratford City: Hit the shops before seeing a film, playing ping pong or going bowling at Westfield Stratford City in east London. Most shops open until 9pm from Monday to Saturday.
- One New Change: Get your retail fix in the City of London, where most shops at One New Change are open until 8pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Some shops also open until the same time from Monday to Wednesday.
- ICON Outlet at The O2: Find top brands at low prices at ICON Outlet at The O2, which is open until 8pm Mondays to Thursdays, with late openings until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- London Designer Outlet: Pick up big name items for less at north London shopping hotspot, London Designer Outlet. Set in the shadow of Wembley Stadium’s famous arch, this outlet centre is open until 8pm, Mondays to Saturdays.
- Brent Cross Shopping Centre: Head north to Brent, where 150 shops await. This dining and shopping complex is also open until 8pm, Mondays to Saturdays.
4 of the best late-night London markets
There are plenty of markets in London selling just about everything you could imagine. Stumble upon unique and unusual items with these best markets to browse after hours.
- Greenwich Market: Buy local crafts, vintage clothes, artworks and more during special late-night openings at events such as Vegan Vibes and Park it in the Market. Open 5.30pm on regular days or 10pm on event days.
- Southbank Centre Book Market: Peruse paperbacks and hunt for hardbacks at this daily book market. Open until 7pm daily.
- Old Spitalfields Market: Haggle for antiques, buy designer perfume and discover handmade crafts, all under one roof at Old Spitalfields Market. The market runs until 8pm on weekdays and most shops stay open until 7pm.
- Tooting Market: Discover everything from fashion to food at this indoor south London market, which is open seven days a week but has late openings until 10.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
7 luscious late-night salons in London
Pampering yourself certainly doesn’t have to be limited to the daytime. Here are some of the best late night salons and wellness retreats for some "me time".
- Cowshed: Book a luxury treatment or buy some home-pampering goodies at Cowshed Carnaby Street (open until 9pm on Wednesdays to Fridays) or Cowshed Selfridges (open until 10pm on Mondays to Saturdays).
- Coco Nail Bar: Polish your look with treatments including waxing, manicures, threading, pedicures and massage. Open until 10pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Dior Beauty Boutique: Enjoy a makeover at Covent Garden Market. Open until 8pm on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Chanel Fragrance and Beauty Boutique: Explore the first boutique of its kind from the fashion house, in Covent Garden. Open until 8pm on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Hersheson's Berners Street: Fix up your hair, brows, nails and more at the beauty brand’s flagship London store. Open until 8pm Mondays to Fridays.
- Buller and Rice: Get a new look at this sustainable hair salon in east London. Open until 9pm on Tuesdays to Fridays.
- London Grace: Enjoy coffee and cocktails while your nails are given a pampering at this salon near Victoria Station. Open until 9pm on Mondays to Wednesdays and 10pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
6 quirky late-night shopping spots
Whether it’s fine art, vintage wear or rare vinyl records, you can find it even after hours at these quirky late-night shopping spots.
- Rough Trade East: Browse through stacks of curated vinyl records, CDs and music paraphernalia, plus catch regular live gigs. Open until 9pm Monday to Thursday.
- The V&A Shop: Bag an arty gift at The V&A shop, selling custom prints, unique jewellery, art books, homeware, haberdashery and more. Open until 9.30pm on Fridays.
- RA Shop and Gallery X: Find unique arty delights in The Royal Academy of Arts’ shops during late openings on Fridays until 10pm.
- Reign Vintage: Step back in time at Soho's Reign Vintage, which sells a wide array of daily-changing pieces from 1920s to 1990s. Open until 8pm between Mondays and Saturdays.
- BOXPARK Shoreditch: Skip between the tiny shops housed within shipping containers – visit on Thursdays for shopping until 8pm.
- Design Museum shop: Examine exquisite items, from furniture to fashionable objects, at this quirky museum shop that’s open until 8pm the first Friday of each month.
5 late-night food shops to sink your teeth into
Feed your after-dark foodie cravings at one of these late-night food shopping spots around London.
- Mercato Metropolitano and Mercato Mayfair: Stock up non authentic Italian charcuterie and cheeses at artisanal markets Mercato Metropolitano in Elephant and Castle (open until 11pm on Mondays to Wednesdays, midnight Thursdays to Saturdays, and 10pm on Sundays) and Mayfair (open until 11pm Mondays to Thursdays, midnight Fridays and Saturdays, and 10pm Sundays)
- Chinatown London: Discover specialist ingredients at Chinatown London’s Asian supermarkets. Loon Fung (open every day until 9.30pm) stocks exotic fruit and vegetables, noodles and sauces; while Oseyo (open every day until 11pm) specialises in Korean ingredients.
- Selfridges Food Hall: Pick from all manner of luxury produce, including seafood and deli items, within Selfridges on Oxford Street. Open until 9pm Mondays to Saturdays.
- Wholefoods: Try to resist buying all of the neatly stocked foodie treats at Wholefoods’ markets across London. Its Fulham, Kensington and Piccadilly Stores open until 10pm Mondays to Saturdays.
- Harrods Food Hall: Indulge yourself with the incredible foodie finds from Harrods Food Hall; from macarons and teas, to fresh exotic produce. Open until 9pm on Mondays to Saturdays.
For more London shopping inspiration, work your way through the best shops in London, seek out the capital's top shopping hotspots, or find “late-night shopping near me” by downloading the Visit London app, to use during your shopping spree.