Get your quirk on at Christmas in London! There are lots of weird and wonderful activities across the city, from one-of-a-kind London events and seasonally dressed rooftop bars to quirky London places to visit over the holiday season.
Check back later for confirmed details of the best quirky things to do in London for Christmas 2023.
Quirky Christmas things to in London
- Follow in the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione as the Great Hall is decked out for Christmas at Hogwarts in the Snow at The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
- Hop on a London bus to marvel at the city's hundreds of sparkling lights on a Christmas Lights open-top bus tour.
- Add some quirkiness to your days out over the holidays with festive themed attractions and exciting immersive experiences.
- Travel aboard Belmond British Pullman* for a magical journey aboard this luxury classic train, decked out in festive decorations for Christmas.
- Wander London's most picturesque neighbourhoods and discover impressive Christmas decorations, from window displays at London department stores to restaurants including Annabel's Mayfair and The Ivy Garden Chelsea.
- Get competitive with friends or family over the festive period at activity bars in London, from shuffleboard to ping pong and urban golf.
Find even more activities this Christmas.
Unusual Christmas shows
- Book in for a spectacular Christmas show or pantomime. Past shows have included classics such as The Nutcracker and Christmas Carol, to more unusual offerings including Stick Man and ELF The Musical.
Check back closer to the time for festive shows in 2023. In the meantime, discover more of London's top theatre.
Cool London Christmas events
- Get 'gramming at Christmas at Kew – wander through the Tunnel of Light, explore the Fire Garden and be dazzled with the Palm House finale.
- Explore a maze of incredible ice sculptures and listen to live music in the Bavarian Bar at London's Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.
- Watch the brave members of the Serpentine Swimming Club battle it out in chilly conditions during the Peter Pan Cup swim on Christmas Day.
- See the mesmerising light festivals across the capital – check back nearer the time for more confirmed events.
Check back nearer the time for more festive experiences and discover more events in London.
Festive London food and drink
- Feast on creative festive afternoon teas at fun restaurants and luxury hotels across the capital or even aboard an afternoon tea tour bus to do a spot of sightseeing as you indulge!
- Try your hand at creating some delicious chocolate treats at a Luxury Chocolate Making Workshop* and enjoy a glass of bubbly on arrival.
- Test your culinary skills at a Cookery Class with Portobello Market Tour* in London's Notting Hill.
- Learn how to make bespoke cocktails at a Mixologist Experience at Harvey Nichols* at their trendy Knightsbridge bar.
- Or if beer is more your beverage, head to the Camden Town Brewery Tasting and Tour experience and sample five local brews and discover the stories behind them.
- Head to one of London's best food markets for the festive season where you'll find everything from mulled wine to mince pies, many with an international twist.
- Relax with warming cocktails, food and activities at winter-themed rooftop bars and seasonal pop-ups – the perfect places to celebrate with friends and family.
See more fantastic inspiration for foodies around London.
Unique Christmas film screenings in London
- Head to a secret screening at a Hidden Vintage Cinema with Cocktails at TT Liquor*.
- Dig into a delicious brunch with prosecco followed by a Film at The Courthouse Hotel in Shoreditch*.
Find more film experiences in London.
Find more things to do in London at Christmas, including London Christmas activities such as must-see shows and pantomimes, fun festive tours and family experiences.