There's no shortage of fun things to do in London on New Year's Eve to welcome in 2024.
Plan ahead for New Year's Eve 2023 and join the world-famous London New Year's Eve fireworks near the London Eye, or head to one of London's best attractions, restaurants, bars or theatres to celebrate in style.
The locations below usually host some of the top things to do on New Year's Eve in London – check back later for confirmed details of the best New Year's Eve events in London for 2023.
London New Year’s Eve fireworks
Ring in 2024 with friends and family at the world-famous London New Year's Eve fireworks near the London Eye.
The hugely popular London New Year's Eve fireworks has been ticketed since 2014 to ensure the event stays safe and fun for all.
Check back later in the year to find out how to book tickets for the New Year's Eve fireworks in London.
NYE cruises with views of London
- Celebrate in style aboard a special New Year's Eve cruise with Uber Boats by Thames Clippers.
- Boogie the night away onboard a New Year's Eve Cruise on The Avontuur and take in panoramic views of London and the New Year's Eve fireworks.
- Watch London in all its glory from the river on City Cruises' New Year's Eve Gala Dinner Cruise, where you can eat, drink and dance to ring in 2024.
- See in the new year against a stunning river Thames backdrop from the deck of the Thomas Doggett New Year's Eve Thames Cruise.
- Enjoy the glitz and glamour of a New Year’s Eve Thames Cruise on the Sapele as you party your way towards midnight.
- Sail gracefully past London’s stunning landmarks onboard the Silver Sturgeon NYE cruise, before a toast as Big Ben chimes.
- Sip on a glass of bubbly as you join the New Year’s Eve Cruise on the Silver Sockeye, where you can dance the night away on the lower deck or take in views from the open deck.
- Take a thrilling speedboat ride with Thames Rockets before cruising back to central London to kick off the festivities.
Find more New Year’s Eve cruises in London.
Celebrate NYE while seeing the city
- Celebrate the start of 2024 with New Year's Eve at Madison, which has a stunning view of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Go up to the 10th floor at The Standard, London for a New Year's Eve party.
- See the skyline sparkle from the riverside restaurant at the Sea Containers hotel, and head to the rooftop at 12th Knot on New Year's Eve.
- End the year on a high with dinner and music at a restaurant with amazing views of the London skyline.
London restaurants for New Year's Eve dining
- Feast at the legendary Savoy Grill and make the most of riverside views while toasting to 2024 on New Year's Eve.
- Treat yourself to a meal at one of London's finest Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Book a restaurant for New Year's Eve, many of which put on special menus.
- Opt for an unusual end to the year at one of London’s quirky restaurants.
- Start your celebrations off early with an indulgent afternoon tea in London.
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink or toast midnight at one of London’s sparkling champagne bars or swish cocktail bars.
London New Year's Eve clubs and parties
- Dress to impress at the Southbank Centre's New Year’s Eve Spectacular as the Royal Festival Hall transforms into party central with five floors of pop-up nightclubs, live orchestras, photo studios and other festivities.
- Dance with the dinosaurs during a New Year’s Eve party at the Natural History Museum, which usually features fun activities, a silent disco and the chance to explore some of the museum’s galleries after dark.
New Year's Eve shows and concerts
- Take in the magic of The Nutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Surround yourself with music and candlelight at a classical concert at St Mary Le Strand.
Day and evening NYE London ideas
- Enjoy an afternoon skate at one of London's best ice-skating rinks.
- Get stuck into festive fun at Winter Wonderland with rides, markets and shows.
- Take the family to a top Christmas show or a spectacular West End performance (not all productions have shows on New Year's Eve, so check dates in advance).
- Be immersed in the glow of the season at one of the best light festivals in London.
- Tick off some of London’s top attractions, many of which are open during the day on New Year’s Eve.
Things to do on New Year's Day in London
- Start the new year off with the London New Year’s Day Parade.
- Hit the shops in one of London’s top shopping destinations to pick up bargains in the January sales.
- Marvel at the Christmas lights and Christmas trees, which can still be spotted across the city.
- Enjoy a celebration of classical music at the Barbican Centre.
- Discover all the events happening in London on New Year's Day.
Find more things to do for New Year's Eve and Christmas in London.