There's no shortage of fun things to do in London on New Year's Eve to welcome in 2023.
Take a look at some of the top things to do on New Year's Eve in the capital – check back soon for more confirmed events and activities for New Year's Eve 2022.
London New Year’s Eve fireworks
NYE cruises with views of the city
- Celebrate in style onboard one of Uber Boats by Thames Clippers cruises: soak up the party atmosphere as you glide past the glittering London skyline during a New Year’s Eve Thames Cruise on the Jupiter Clipper, or start your evening with a three-course meal before setting sail on the Meteor Clipper for its New Year’s Eve Dinner and Thames Cruise.
- Watch London in all its glory from the river on City Cruises' New Year's Eve Gala Dinner Cruise, where you can eat, drink and dance until the early hours of 2023.
- See in the new year against the stunning river Thames backdrop from the deck of the Thomas Doggett New Year's Eve Thames Cruise.
- Enjoy the glitz and glamour of a New Year’s Eve Thames Cruise on the Sapele as you party your way towards midnight.
- Sail gracefully past London’s stunning landmarks onboard the Silver Sturgeon NYE cruise, taking in Illuminated River artwork from your candlelit table before a champagne toast as Big Ben chimes.
- Sip on a glass of prosecco as you join the New Year’s Eve Cruise on the Silver Sockeye, where you can dance the night away on the lower deck or take in the fabulous views from the open deck.
- Take a thrilling speedboat ride with Thames Rockets, before cruising back to central London to kick off the festivities.
Find more New Year’s Eve cruises in London.
Capture views of the city
London restaurants for New Year's Eve dining
- Treat yourself to a meal at one of London's finest Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Find and book a restaurant for New Year's Eve, many of which put on special menus.
- Go for an unusual end to the year at one of London’s quirky restaurants.
- Start your celebrations off early with an indulgent afternoon tea in London.
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink or toast midnight at one of London’s sparkling champagne bars or swish cocktail bars.
New Year's Eve clubs and parties
- Party the night away during Defected NYE at Printworks, where spectacular DJs have you grooving into the early hours.
- Dress to impress at the Southbank Centre's New Year’s Eve Spectacular, when the Royal Festival Hall is transformed into party central with five floors of pop-up nightclubs, live orchestras, photo studios and other festivities.
- Dance with the dinosaurs during the New Year’s Eve Jurassic Party at the Natural History Museum, which features Jurassic-themed activities, a silent disco, musical bingo and the chance to explore some of the museum’s galleries after dark.
New Year's Eve shows and concerts
- Take in the magic of The Nutcracker as the Birmingham Royal Ballet returns to the Royal Albert Hall.
- Surround yourself with music and candlelight at St Mary le Strand’s magnificent New Year’s Eve Vivaldi on the Strand concert, where The Piccadilly Sinfonietta play pieces from Handel, Bach and Vivaldi.
Day and evening NYE London ideas
- Enjoy an afternoon skate at one of London's top ice-skating rinks.
- Get stuck into festive fun at Winter Wonderland with rides, markets and shows.
- Take the family to a top Christmas show or a spectacular West End performance (not all productions have shows on New Year's Eve, so make sure to check dates in advance).
- Tick off some of London’s top attractions, many of which are open during the day on New Year’s Eve.
Things to do on New Year's Day
- Start the new year off with the London New Year’s Day Parade.
- Hit the shops in one of London’s top shopping destinations to pick up bargains in the January sales.
- Marvel at the Christmas lights and Christmas trees, which can still be spotted across the city.
- Enjoy a celebration of classical music by the London Concert Orchestra with the New Year’s Day Proms at the Barbican.
- Take a look at what else is on in London on New Year's Day.