- Uber Boat by Thames Clippers operates frequent river bus routes.
- Oyster cards and Visitor Oyster cards are accepted on Uber Boat by Thames Clippers services.
- You can also purchase Uber Boat by Thames Clippers tickets on the Uber app.
- Fares vary by zones and discounts. Prices start from free for children four and under and go up to £21.00 for an adult River Roamer ticket.
- All London piers are accessible except for Cadogan Pier and London Bridge City Pier.
Get on board a river Thames water bus service for a fast, frequent mode of transport. You can see London's famous landmarks from the water.
This service has fast and efficient links to major London locations along the Thames, making river buses a great choice for commuters and visitors alike. Unlike river tours, Uber Boat by Thames Clippers do not offer guided commentary.
River buses serve four different routes with destinations between Putney and Woolwich. Work out where to travel with the Uber Boat by Thames Clippers river bus route map.
Where does the London river bus go?
Uber Boat by Thames Clippers operates the river bus routes. Popular stops along the Thames include:
- Millbank Pier for Tate Britain
- Westminster Pier for the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- London Eye Pier for the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, The London Dungeon and the London Eye
- Bankside Pier for Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- London Bridge City Pier for HMS Belfast, Borough Market and The Shard
- Tower Pier for Tower of London and Tower Bridge
- Greenwich Pier for Greenwich
- North Greenwich Pier for The O2 and the IFS Cloud Cable Car
The Woolwich Ferry is a free service between Woolwich and North Woolwich. Visit the Transport for London website for more information.
Can I use an Oyster card on the river bus?
Pay-as-you-go Oyster cards, Visitor Oyster cards and contactless payment cards are accepted on Uber Boat by Thames Clippers and give you a discount on most single journeys. Travelcard holders get a one-third discount on most riverboat routes.
Simply tap your card on the yellow card reader on the pier before you board and again when you get off. Daily or weekly price capping does not apply for river bus travel.
If you don't have an Oyster card or contactless payment card, you can buy a ticket from a ticket office seller or a machine on the pier before boarding the boat. Tickets are also available on the Uber Boat by Thames Clippers website or the Uber app.
If you plan to use the river bus service for several journeys, it could be cheaper to buy a one-day River Roamer ticket, a hop-on hop-off day ticket.
For more information, see the TfL website.
Sponsored by Mastercard®
How much is a boat ride on the river Thames?
Fares on Uber Boat by Thames Clippers vary according to the river zones you need to travel through and which discounts, if any, apply to you.
Prices range from free for children aged four or under and go up to £21.00 for an adult paying at the pier for a River Roamer ticket.
Read the full list of fares for Uber Boat by Thames Clippers.
Are London's river bus services accessible?
All London's piers are wheelchair accessible, except for Cadogan Pier, which has steps to access, and London Bridge City Pier, which has very steep access at low tide. All river buses have step-free access, and newer river boats have wheelchair spaces.
Staff can help with boarding and disembarking from river boats, but people with disabilities who are travelling as a group are advised to provide advance notice to ensure support is available.
For further information, check the Transport for London website.